Friday, April 8, 2011

Stupid Things

Quite often, I have some super stupid moments. Right now you're thinking "Well duh!" and I would be the first to agree with you. I've had more than my fair share of saying stupid things that I regretted immediately and buying useless items instead of putting the money toward my Chick-fil-a addiction. But I did something particularly stupid last night and didn't realize it until I walked out to the car this morning. This is what I saw...


Terrifying, right? When trying to fix my sticking gas cap cover thingy last night, I unlocked my car using the spare key. And then I forgot to take it out.

In light of recent car break-ins in the area, this was dangerous. If even a fully rehabilitated thief had seen this tempting scene over night or early this morning, he would not have been able to resist it. My car, complete with my bunny buckled in the backseat would have been gone. Instead of kicking myself like with other stupid things, I would have been crying and calling all my police connections to help me.

After the initial shock of realizing my stupidity, I couldn't help but thank God. He protected my beloved car and my cute purple bunny even before I knew they were in danger. Even in huge moments of epic fails, God still proves that He cares for me. I musta thanked Him a hundred times this morning while driving my safe car to work.

And then all day I proceeded to check outside the windows at work to make sure it was still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment