Saturday, April 23, 2011

Most Profound

I am always looking for new Bible study books. I've got a couple shelves in my room, and a huge one in my closet, filled with books I've completed. There's a great one on the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5-7, and an excellent Beth Moore study entitled "Believing God", oh and several notebooks filled with handwritten copies of Psalms and my personal reflections. And I've got even more books that I'm dying to go through when I can find some time.

Along with countless other Christians, I am always on the search for some new profound discovery about God. Hungry to know Him more, we dig into the Bible and get help from some pretty brilliant scholars. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I fear that in the process we forget already know the most profound thing...

"For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only that, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation." - Romans 5:6-11

This Easter weekend isn't about egg hunts, bunnies, new dress shopping, and awesomely delicious dinners with family. It's for remembering the most profound Biblical truth - that God loves us and sent Jesus to die for us, and then defeated sin and death itself by resurrecting Him.

Thank you Abba Father for loving me so much!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we get used to the concept of salvation, grace, and the mercy of God. I never want to be used to it!

    ReplyDelete