Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Worst Nightmare

After the epic night-long battle that tested my army's skill more than any prior fight, I ascended to the top of the mountain in exhausted triumph. The bright sunrise we feared we would not live to see glistened on my sweaty skin and blood-stained armor as I raised the royal sword above my head. With my long hair and cape flowing behind me in the wind, I screamed a cry of victory that echoed through the valley. I smiled faintly as it was answered by the cheers of the many brave and faithful men who fought the difficult battle by my side. We stared evil and death in the face, and we had won. With our last few ounces of strength before sleep claimed our war-torn bodies, we raised our cans of Mountain Dew to the sky and drank deeply in celebration. But then I remembered...

"NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

And then I woke up.

Three times that I have remembered in the last few months, my awesome dreams have ended in me having soda, the very drink I vowed to quit for an entire year. The stories orchestrated by my strange subconscious, that I sadly now cannot recall, came to a surprising and sudden end as my real emotions took control and I thought I had partaken of my favorite carbonated beverage before the proper time. While still asleep, I would become so upset I didn't make it to my New Year's Even goal that it would force me to wake up.To date, I have gone eleven months without a single sip of soda. I have soundly defeated the physical and mental need for soda, but it continues to haunt my dreams. It's just not fair, I tell you. I do not understand it!

Honestly, I never thought I'd make it this far. As with any other silly New Year's resolution, I thought I would have broken it by February. But surprisingly, it was my addiction to caffeine that was broken instead of the resolution and I've been going strong for almost the entire year. Right now, I am 30 days away from having a Mountain Dew and I'm more excited about completing a New Year's resolution than actually having the soda. I've got a case of Mountain Dew Throwback chillin' in the fridge in the garage, and it's not calling my name like I expected it to. Although to be completely truthful, it's been sitting out there since July and I often forget about it, haha!

I've been thoroughly warned that when I finally have soda again, my stomach probably won't like it, especially if I try to down multiple cans. They are more than likely correct, so I'll have a bottle of fruity Tums on hand just in case. I'm really wanting the end of December to get here soon, but not so that I can enjoy the deliciousness of soda again. I just don't want to have to deal with those nightmare-ish dream killers anymore. Who knows how many medieval princes, Mr. Darcy's, or Zachary Levi's I could have kissed had I not been so rudely interrupted?! Dang soda.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahahahaha

    MD will haz vengeance! It does not like to be ignored.

    ReplyDelete