Thursday, August 12, 2010

Shopping Like There's No Tomorrow

One of the things I looked forward to most when starting another semester at school was shopping for new school supplies. I was never quite singing "It's the most wonderful time of the year" in my head while dancing down the aisles like in that old Staples commercial, but it was still fun to choose new notebooks and pens. Even last year in college, my friend and I would show off our new supplies and "ooooh" and "aaaah" at all the pretty colors.

But now that I am done with school (for now at least) I don't have the option to enjoy shopping for such stuffage. Well, I could I guess, but I would never use the stuff. And now that I have a car payment, I can't just be wasting money like that. I say that, but I've been spending money left and right on other things that I may or may not have needed...

Ever since I dropped most of my savings for the down payment on my beloved car, I've been spending money on like... everything. I had been saving up cash for years for my big purchase, and now I've suddenly started buying everything awesome in sight. Apparently I'm making up for denying myself everything awesome for the last few years. I will probably regret it later. But there are a few things I bought that I'm super happy about.

My favorite Roxy flip flops were practically dead. After wearing them every day for ten months out of the year, even really nice flip flops need replacing. When I went to my favorite surf shop to purchase a new pair, they did not have the kind I wanted. So I splurged a little and bought some double stacked Rainbows. Oh my gosh, it's like walking on a cloud. In fact, I loved them so much that I went back three days later and bought a pink pair that I have already planned to wear with my Sunday dresses. Including the amazing Reebok Easytones I bought recently, I have spent nearly $200 on shoes in the past month. Am I crazy? Don't answer that.

I've also been going kinda makeup crazy too. My cousin is selling Avon now and I have fallen in love with their mascara and lip gloss. But it's justifiable because it's cheaper than the Lancome stuff I was using, and much better. I wish I had jumped on this bandwagon a loooong time ago. Also while Sam and I were shopping spree-ing in Wilmington, we walked into an Ulta store on a whim. It was either a mistake or an act of God, I haven't figured out which yet. But they were having this big promotion that if you bought about $20 worth of Ulta products, you could get a bag full of makeup goodies. And we did it. I think I've found a line of makeup that I will love for the rest of my life.

Will somebody please take my debit card from me before I go completely crazy? Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. I used to hate shopping. Since I started getting a regular paycheck last year I... kinda hate it a little less, so I understand what you mean about spending too much, hahaha. It's best just to budget your money out right when you get it, so you don't spend more than you should on 'fun' things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I always budget my moneys to make sure that I have enough to pay my bills. But then instead of holding on to the rest to build up my savings again, I've been spending it everywhere. I'm gonna start cutting back very soon, but it's just been this sudden explosion of shopping because I haven't been having to put away every extra penny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely ever buy anything, but when I do... it's usually expensive XD

    Or a huge Amazon order. Speaking of which, I'm due for one. Bye :D

    ReplyDelete