Friday, July 2, 2010

The Video Game Bug

With all the ridiculous stress of car shopping, I've had to find a way to harmlessly take out my frustrations. What better way to do that than to play a somewhat violent video game??

After watching my sisters go through the PS2 game Ratchet and Clank, I decided that I wanted to start a game, and thus the video game bug had bitten me. This was not the first time I've been attacked by that pest, so I recognized the sore and symptoms immediately. First, the PS1 Spyro trilogy had been my obsession, and then the PS2 Sly Cooper trilogy. Both of which I loved. By the way, I have a doctorate in Spyrology. Unlike my Associates in Computer Information Technology, I do have the paper to prove it! (Thanks to my daddy for the design, printing, and signature) I should frame it.

So for two weeks, when I wasn't working, sleeping, or car shopping, I was steadily working my way through Ratchet and Clank. And I did quite awesomely, thank you very much. In fact, during my total 18 hours of play time, I never once had to ask my pro sister to help me do something for me. I loved being able to buy new guns and take out the bad guys. I often imagined the main villain to be the car salesman who got in my bubble, wore too much cologne, and tried to talk me into buying a car I already told him I couldn't afford. So I greatly enjoyed it when I pulled out the big guns and blew away the salesman, oh I mean, the bad guy.

It was a great way to distract myself from the current annoyances. Just like movies, it gives me a chance to get away from reality for a while and enjoy a good story. But unlike sitting in a dark theater watching the silver screen, I actually get to be the main character and experience the story myself, even if it is on our television in the high traffic living room. Now that I've played the first Ratchet and Clank, I may be tempted to discover the stories of the next three installments!

Note to self: When bitten by the video game bug, apply games liberally until you see improvement. Side effects may include a numb tush and cramped thumbs. Consult your psychiatrist if the condition of your bug bite does not improve.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!

    I was addicted to Spyro, too. I bet I could beat you at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, I highly doubt it! I have a degree, remember! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you're just lucky we live so far apart-otherwise I'd allow you to prove yourself wrong! :P

    ReplyDelete