Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Cell Phone!

I will readily confess that I have been envying my dad's smart phone. It's such a snazzy phone with a touch screen, 8GB of space, and countless free apps. I've been planning that when costs go down on smart phone plans, I would get one like his because I simply could not swing an $80 cell phone bill right now.

So dad went into the Verizon store yesterday to ask about air cards for laptops, but noticed they were having a sahweet deal on those phones and adding smart phones to our existing plan. After about 20 minutes of playing phone tag, and talking myself into it while telling my boss about it, we decided to go for it.

Now I am the giddy owner of a brand new Droid Eris by HTC! I spent last night downloading a few must-have apps including the Facebook one and a Bible one with several versions and translations. Every Sunday, dad has the congregation hold up their Bibles as a subtle encouragement to bring them, and I'll be super happy to hold up my cell phone at that time! And then I transferred songs from my computer to my phone. I still have 7GB of free space that I haven't figured out what to do with yet.

I played with the texting last night and this morning, and it's going to take a while to get used to. This thing has touch screen keyboards, so I'll miss the cute little buttons on my other one. But I do loooove that I can play music and do other stuff on the phone at the same time! I can't multi task well, but this phone sure can!

I loved my little LG Banter. But this geek needed an upgrade.

6 comments:

  1. hahahahaha yay manderz!!!

    i know what you mean, though. i don't know how i ever survived without my iphone. that thing runs my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, the phone sounds awesome.

    You would die with my phone, though. Its a crap little tracfone that cost about 30 bucks. It has zero gadgets and the most high-tech thing I can do on it is play games :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Blackberry =) I can't handle touch screen phones, I love the qwerty keyboard. It runs my life too - emails, messages and Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After twenty four hours of new phone usage, and finally figuring out how to sync it with my gmail contacts, I am super satisfied with it. Steph, in about a week, I will have no idea how I've lived so long without this!

    Lacey, yeah, I probably would die with your phone haha! My geekness demands something snazzy. My phone was about $25 bucks after the mail in rebate, but I did have to enter into a two year contract. Carriers are always offering great deals on phones and plans, so it might be beneficial to look into it!

    Amy, I loved my qwerty keyboard on my old phone and it's still going to take some getting used to on this touch screen thing. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not, but it's definitely growing on me. But I tell ya what, Facebook on my phone is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I read all of your comments on my cell. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh, not for me. I only got this phone because my mom insisted I have a way for her to contact me in emergency situations. I don't care enough about it to add a monthly cell phone bill to my paycheck :))

    ReplyDelete