Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fight

"...Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes." - Nehemiah 4:14

So many times I've seen someone I love make a mistake that wound up being life altering. I hated it for them, but they knew they were wrong and probably needed to crash 'n burn in order to learn their lesson. After some effort to talk some sense into them, I would give up and hope they grow up.

But this quite passive attitude is completely unacceptable. I need to fight for them. Instead of fighting with a sword or bow and arrow like in my favorite action/adventure movie, I need to fight through prayer. The God who has promised to answer that prayer is "great and awesome," and has already proven Himself to me countless times.

Jeremiah 32:17 says "A Lord Jehovah! Behold You have made the heavens and earth by Your great power and by Your outstretched arm; there is nothing too hard for You." He holds all that power, so granting a little wisdom to a loved one would be no trouble at all for Him.

Psalm 62:11-12 says "One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that You, O God, are strong, and that You, O Lord, are loving." So not only does He have that strength, but He also loves His kids. When one of the kids He adores requests wisdom, guidance, or strength to do what's right, He's not going to hold it back!

Obviously, He is the one who holds all the power. My words of advice to a friend are only so potent. So what can I do? Fight. Get on my knees and fight. Remember MY Lord who is great and awesome and pray for this loved one. I'm going to pray for a miracle and expect a miracle. And then I'm going to excitedly praise His name when He does something awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment